Friday, May 27, 2011

Every Child An Author/Apology

I’ve been posting a few things I’ve worked on from Every Child An Author and I feel I ought to give a bit of background information on that as well as give an apology. More on that in a bit.

Every Child An Author works through schools to publish child-written stories. The general idea being that a school sponsors the book, there’d be a school-wide contest and the winning stories would be published. As a kid, I’d have given my left arm for that kind of opportunity!

Where I come in is that Every Child An Author gets professional illustrators to do the covers for the books. It’s a lot of fun and I enjoy helping out with the project. With the safari piece there were a lot of interesting conversations about which/how many animals were going to make it into the final piece. (I'm glad the giraffe made the cut).

Awhile back though, I posted one of the cover paintings that had been based on concept art from one of the contests and -as I usually don’t go into detailed copyright information in my blog post- I accidentally neglected to credit the young artist who created the concept. My apologies, that was not well done of me; I should have remembered to do so! But let’s fix that right now:

Based on the concept art of Taylor C, age 12, Houston, Texas.

Again, my apologies and congratulations on having your concept art chosen for the cover!

2 comments:

  1. I think you are safe, copyright-wise ;)
    Very gracious of you to make the distinction, however. Sounds like a worth-while program/contest, and the kids must have been thrilled to see your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for giving credit where credit was due. Btw the contest is only for the cover art. Every child contributes a page to the book so it's a collaborative effort.

    ReplyDelete